Tuesday, January 08, 2013

Drop bar SS MTB Pugsley.

In the winter we get bored a lot.  The days are long, and we often fill the time with thoughts of cool bikes, (big surprise there.)  I've been dreaming a lot lately of ripping up fatbikes on Northwest Arkansas trails, namely on my Pofahl fatbike.  I love how that bike rides.  The Woodchippers paired with big grippy tires make mincemeat out of technical singletrack.  Inspired by that bike, I present our latest project build.  


Fit and set up on this bike is nearly identical to my Pofahl.  It'll be a ripper for sure.  The build is a list of a lot of things we really like.  Ashima Rotors, Drilled Rolling Darryls, 45 North's new Escalator tires, and Surly/Sram X.9 hubs.  Weight as pictured is 31.4lbs, and the going price is $1950.  


Give us a shout, or stop down to check out this fine steed.  This bike can be changed to suit peronal preferences, and we can certainly build a similar one up to your specs.

Join us for our Tuesday night fatbike snowmobile trail ride in front of Goodbye Blue Monday in Northfield.  We'll be leaving at 7pm, all are welcome!   

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

cool!

Anonymous said...

you're trying too hard.

Ben Witt said...

Uh, thank you?

The Biking Viking said...

THAT is a sweet looking ride. A fat bike is next on my list.

The only thing I would love to see is this is a raw version with brown leather seat and tape.

Been into the whole grunge lookin' thing lately. My wife thnks I'm nuts, I just bought a Kona Sutra for touring and I am seriously thinking of having it stripped and clear powder coated.

Ben Witt said...

That set up could be arrianged if you're interested. We have a good powdercoater we work with regularly. I've had steel bikes cleared before, they look great!

BigE610 said...

what stem did you use to get the bars at the right height?

Ben Witt said...

It is a Bontrager 120mm length, 45 degree rise Race Lite stem.