Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Wednesday update.

Meg and I are back in town and back at it after a nice weekend in Duluth.  It'll be a busy week again here at the shop.  I have another White Industries hub set coming in to be built up as the first project.  These will be laced to DT's RR 415 rims with Sapim spokes for a light, traditional wheel build.  I am also expecting the long awaited arrival of my matching blue front Phil Wood hub for my Mukluk wheels.

Speaking of Mukluk wheels, I have decided to make a change.  Rather than using Surly's new Rolling Darryl rim I will be using a modified Vicious Cycles Fat Sheeba.  The reasons for this I will explain later, but it's going to be really cool.  Work on that front may start yet today. 


We are also making a lot of progress on our new product displays.  My good friend Eric was kind enough to come down today and cut our Maple plywood into shelving and bases for our new floor displays. 


Using his trusty Prius utility vehicle, and working in gorgeous 35 degree full sun, this is going swimmingly.  Curtis and I plan to start staining the wood later today.  We are hoping to finish up the displays yet this week.


That's all for now.  More to come this week with details of our new arrangement, new displays, and new products to the shop. Happy Wednesday all.

3 comments:

Guitar Ted said...

Hole saws away!

Ben said...

And then some...

Captain Bob said...

I don't like that snow pile I see there......