Thursday, November 18, 2010

Finally, a matched pair.

My front custom Phil Wood hub came yesterday.  It's a great match to the gorgeous rear hub I already have in stock. 


This hub is custom in the fact that it is a 135mm rear spaced hub for rear disc brakes.  The side by side comparison of the two shows just how big the rear hub really is. 


The color match is spot on.  The only thing I could have done to make them match better would have been to order the Phil SLR cut out option.  This would have machined the oval shaped holes in the flanges.  It only saves a bit of weight, but it would have looked nice. 


As it stands it'a pretty extraordinary hub set.  I can't wait to get them built up and rolling.

6 comments:

Doug Idaho said...

your giving me a bad case of HUB envy!

Ben said...

They could be yours... I can get more.

Guitar Ted said...

Those are super sweet, Ben. I can't wait to se the rims and everything all set up to go. Those will be a spectacular set of wheels!

Ben said...

We are working on the rims now. It is going to be pretty darn cool. The rims are admittedly an experiment. It should be very interesting though.

MG said...

wow...

Joboo said...

Damn those are a work of art!!!
Sweet!!!
Dare I say, looking those gave me wood?? ;)
Peace