Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Salsa Cycles Everything Cage

Salsa Cycles Everything cages are going to be in stock at the shop tomorrow.  This is an ultra light mounting point designed for carrying lightweight objects.  Think of a rolled sleeping pad, a lightweight sleeping bag, or an insulated Nalgene bottle as examples of fine things to strap on.  These are designed to use standard water bottle mounts or the purposely designed Everything mounts on select Salsa bikes and forks.  Some other bikes that use the equally spaced three water bottle holes are the OS Blackbuck. 

These are a must for any self respecting Fargo and Mukluk adventure bike rider.   Particularly for use on the fork leg mounts, these promise to offer a ton of versatility at a very low weight. I am super excited to incorporate these into my light touring setups, as well as my upcoming Mukluk build.  The straps pictured are included.

We have a substantial quantity of these coming tomorrow.  They are reasonably priced at less than $20 a piece.  Stop by and pick up a set or two for your own adventure bikes! 

9 comments:

Chris said...

Are they stainless or Al?

Ben said...

I believe they are stainless. They look nearly identical to the mounting hardware used on Salsa's stainless water bottle cages, (also coming in tomorrow.)

I'll look into that.

Ben said...

They are Aluminum, from the horses mouth.

Joe said...

It would be nice to know if these will be compatible with the mounting hole pattern on the gen 1 Fargo fork as the holes are not equally spaced.

Ben said...

Joe,

These fit two of the holes on the Fargo fork. I beleive Salsa would tell you that thus was designed for the three hole spacing, but I plan on using mine on at least one side of my Fargo fork. Because you are down a mounting hole, I would keep lighter things in it. With items ariud a few pounds, I can't see it being an issue.

Salsa Lessons NY said...

I just wanted to comment your blog and say that I really enjoyed reading your blog post here. It was very informative and I also digg the way you write! Keep it up and I’ll be back to read more soon mate.
Salsa Lessons NY

Ben said...

SLNY, thanks for the comments. This continues to evolve as I figure things out, and as the shop itself branches out into new and exciting things. Thanks for checking us out. I'll try and keep things interesting.

Kayak Guy said...

Awesome blog, photos and apparently a great shop. Have you had the chance to use these Everything cages with a Fargo yet?

Ben said...

Kayak Guy, I have some set up on my Fargo now. I am not sure if I will actually run them on the bottle mounts. I will likely run one on the left side of my fork, as I really have grown to like the right side bottle mount. I going to post a much more detailed post showing some set up options and suggested loads. These will see the most use on my Mukluk come winter.