Friday, August 27, 2010

What's in the stand

Finally one to play with Black Mountain. A later edition Merlin Roots Newsboy with Rohloff drive train. The bike came in for a more suitable set of rubber, and to have the stretched shifer cable adjusted. What a looker. I love the lines on this bike, possibly even more than the original. I'm partial to the Excelsior style frames myself, and I think the lines on this bike flow better than the original. It does need a Type 2 fork of course, but then what doesn't? I like the paint they wear, classy yet modern. Could use a metal head badge, but that's getting pretty particular.Whole lot of German going on.We've been busy building a lot of wheels as well. The latest is a matching Paul hub'd, 700c and 650b matched pair for Sean of Rawland. It'll be interesting to see what he'll do with these, as I'm told they are for a special personal project bike.Happy Friday all.

4 comments:

Guitar Ted said...

Great looking cruiser! As I told you on the phone, those are the hardest thing to get looking "right" and that is a fine looking example.

blackmountaincycles said...

Nice, Ben! The best thing about the newer generation is cable replacement. The original with all three through the same hole is a bit of a chore. There will be another Newsboy original coming through sometime soon.

Ben said...

Another Newsboy eh? That'll just make me want another one of them! That little hole looks in the original does look a bit annoying. I would definitely like to have one of those as well though. Maybe the new one will have my favorite wheel size?

MMcG said...

The now illusive Stans ZTR 355 650b rims! Nice lookin hoops right there!