Wednesday, March 03, 2010

First commute of the year.

Yesterday was was marked by beautiful weather for my first ride to work of the season. I'll be the first one to admit that I'm a bit of a fair weather rider. There is a good reason why this is the first ride though, it's finally barely light enough to make it back to Northfield safely.I got a little gravel in. This early in the morning, the dirt is still frozen really hard.
The beast. While I am looking forward to the Epic bags, the combo of Fargo and the Trek rack/pannier set up works exceedingly well. The panniers have big yellow rain covers that I put out at night for extra visibility. Even loaded with clothes and a full bag's worth of heavy groceries, everything was just rock solid. You'd hardly have known they were back there.

2 comments:

david strachan said...

coffee in the cage ben?

Ben said...

You got it ;)