Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Tea and noodles.

Practice makes perfect. These work very well. Noodles and tea for lunch yesterday. The stove easily boils the water quickly, better than my actual stove at home really. This is with out car camping cookware, Meg and I are planning a trip to REI this coming weekend to look at some lovely Snow Peak stuff for bike use. I have a warranty frame to swap parts over on, but then it's on to refining the pot stand. I think cheap aluminum arro shafts would make nice light, stable stock to star with. The above was built using bent aero DT spokes. It works, but is pretty shaky with a full pot on it.

3 comments:

Jerry said...

wicked cool Macgyver. sure beats the cold pasta I'm having today.

Guitar Ted said...

That one leg looks pretty hot there Ben. I wonder if an aluminum stand wouldn't get roached by the hot flame.

Cool idea, and now I am thinking about Heineken cans, darn you!

Ben said...

It does get pretty hot, though I'm not really worries about an aluminum stand. I'm sure that it will lower the overall strength and maybe make it brittle, but it only has to hold 2 lb for a 3" height. I think it wil be alright. I have a fe other ideas too. Like you latest bike project, this is just fun to tinker with.