Thursday, January 14, 2010

Epic Designs System Ordered.

One of my goals for this year to do many over night trips locally, and perhaps a few weekend long trips around the area. After hearing glowing reports about Epic Designs bags from many people I trust, I've placed an order for a spring delivery. The Fargo has been a great bike for exploring the area all loaded up. This is the same set up I've ordered on a large Fargo. With few exceptions, this will be my set up for next years touring/commuting/camping. My recent experiments with stoves are just a part of planning the equipment that I will be using. I am still mulling over the idea of various shelter options, cooking kits and food planning, as well as sleeping bag/pad set ups. Clothing I have, and there's not much I need to learn other than simply getting out and using it. There are a plethora of place I can camp within riding distance of either the shop or my home. Before I start to travel elsewhere I want to get to know this area better. The area towards St Peter and Mankato are of particular interesting to me, since I have almost not experiance over that direction.

All of this is as close as I have this year to a New Year's resolution. I want to ride more, as well as just be outside more. This set up is one set in the right direction for both of those goals. It should be a lot of fun.

2 comments:

Butcher said...

Uh Oh! You've got the bug. Look out. I'm interested to see where this leads you.

Ben said...

Thanks for helping me get to this point. I am looking forward to many good things to come of all this.

Also, email me. Coffee needs to be drunk. Cheers.