Thursday, October 01, 2009

Bon Anniversaire!

It's 48 deg with driving wind and rain, fall in MN has arrived. After a trip to Denmark in February years ago, my wife and I decided to make Denmark an adjective. It's Denmark out today. These are the kind of slow days in the shop that I look forward too during those crazy weeks of work mid summer. It's laid back, with enough work still to keep busy. These are the days that good coffee and NPR are usually a guy's best friend.

It was a day not unlike this that 5 years ago I first unlocked the door as owner of Milltown Cycles. The old cliche of "it seems like yesterday" is entirely applicable. It's been a long road in some ways, but time's gone by really quickly. Over the years we've had our share of trials and tribulations, but in general it's been quite literally the formative experience of my life thus far. In five years I've learned invaluable lessons and have gained many good friends.

A lot has happened in the last few weeks. It's been a time both for reflection and looking forward to new opportunities and challenges. It's the time you thank people who have helped me get here and to celebrate all that we've overcome together. I'd like to especially thank my wife and parents, without whom I could never have gotten this far. Here's to another five years and hopefully many beyond!

Thank you all who have made this possible, it's been a great adventure!

3 comments:

Jerry said...

Wow! Congratulations! My goal is five years. That's really cool Ben. The shop looks great and your service matches. It's a recipe for success. This weather stinks though.

Ben said...

Thanks Jerry. It's a prett cool thing looking back on all that's happened. Hell of a trip so far.

The weather is alright, so long as the weekend is dry. I'd like to get a ride in without the rain.

Trudy said...

And thank you, Ben, for your part in making Faribault a better place.