Thursday, June 18, 2009

Grumpy Mechanic Rant.

Curt brought in the latest issue of Outside Magazine the there day. Apparently there's a lack of angry/grumpy/surly/generally bad-tempered mechanics out there. See here.

http://outside.away.com/outside/culture/200906/bike-mechanics.html

I think that most of what the article said is true, angry unhelpful people in any business are not a good thing. There is a need to be straight and upfront with people about poor choices and behaviors though. Here you go, lesson for the day.

There's a huge lack of personal responsibility today. Gone are the days of breaking things and simply replacing them. Now it has to be someones fault. "I crashed on my bike and it landed on a rock and broke," to paraphrase the latest I've seen. Shit happens. Riding a bike is dangerous. If you brake something, man up and accept that it's your fault. If the bike was sitting in your garage it wouldn't have broken. YOU had to crash for that to happen.

That's not to say that there aren't legitimate warranty claims to be made. There have been some products I know of that have a high rate of failure under normal riding conditions. For the most part, the companies I've worked with have done there part and fixed problems, made things right with customers, and everyone has moved on. I've used this simile before. It's like hitting a telephone pole in your car and expecting the car company to fix it. It ain't going to happen, and you shouldn't expect it too.

I'm not going to speculate on why this has come around. Maybe these guys were just coddled and spoon fed everything growing up. Maybe they are just whiny little children. Maybe they weren't breast fed. I don't know. I know that I'm not that old, and that wasn't how I was raised, so I don't think it's a purely generational thing. You see this in just about every part of our modern lives. In large part it makes me more than just alittle angry. How much money is the country collectively spending because of this? Just think about that infamous lady and the $8 million cup of spilled McDonald's coffee. I think you'll get an idea.

4 comments:

Guitar Ted said...

To paraphrase John Lennon, "Imagine there are no warranties. I wonder if you can."

Think about our life in the 21st century and it starts to become clearer. Cell phones, i-tunes, video games. What if it all disappeared tomorrow. Whoa! I can't even imagine all the hissy fits.

I tell my children when they start becoming a bit too connected to technology and gizmos, "Your Grandma Linda didn't have any of that stuff. What do you think she did as a kid?" It helps reset their minds, I tell ya that much.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that it is a cultural thing. It took years to get here, and we'll have to change it one life at a time to get back to some semblance of sanity.

Anyway, can ya tell I could rant on???

Ben said...

Yeah, I'm probably going to be ornry when I'm old. Oh well.

frankenbiker said...

I am ornry already,I hate all of that tech crap.Here today obselete tomm.

Whatever happened to go outside and play instead of play video games all day and leave me alone?

I agree with ya Ben,Everyone should act responsibly and be responsible and the world would be a much better place.

Protorio said...

+1 on personal responsibility.