Friday, March 27, 2009

Painting nearly completed.

It's been a flurry of activity this week. Most of the color is on the walls of the shop. I am really happy with the results. We had a great time, and I had a lot of help from a few friends and my parents. It was really a lot of fun. We still need to paint most of the remaining walls a neutral color, but that'll happen with time, the critical stuff is done. I still have to make a new workbench, get the tools where I want them on the wall, and build shelves and other organizing materials. The shop is pretty much back to running normal. Here's the pictures.

Rack moved and bikes packed.
The shop is now so open, it looks only half full. Not so when they're all up against each other.
The before shot.
Mom painting.
Tools of the evening.
Making progress, the paint dried darker than pictured.
Stuff put back. The purple bathroom is in the background. I don't have detailed shots of that, but it looks really nice as well. There will be an little accent bit of purple across the room from the green to tie it into the space.
Really bright blue shop area. This is the smallest part of the shop. It's also where I spend the majority of the day. I wanted a bright cheery color, and this certainly fits that bill. The tools and other things on the wall will tone it down a bit, but it's just awesome!
Full current shop view. A sneak peek of the WTB bar'ed Pofahl is viseable in the foreground.
Thanks for playing, back to work!

3 comments:

blackmountaincycles said...

Lookin' good! That green looks familiar ;-)

Ben said...

I know, I did buy the paint before I saw your shop, but thought the same thing as soon as you posted that! It was nice to see a preview of what mine was going to look like.

Head Honcho said...

Looks great Ben!

Makes me want to do something about the...ah...darkness in my shop. Lighting is an issue, especailly in the shop area.