Wednesday, March 18, 2009

I feel like Mike.

It's a truly a rare thing when we get to see fun vintage stuff in southern MN. Given that we're smack dab in the middle of either coast, it seems much of the early mtb culture was lost as it disseminated into the country's interior. This weekend has been a rare one indeed. Without further ado, here's what's in my stand. The white and the yellow bikes have made their way into my collection, and the white and blue one is here for repair. I'll post more later, but I'm looking at 20 tune ups that have come in since yesterday, so it'll have to be tonight. Cheers!

Very early Pofahl with rollercams and M 950 XTR. Hubs are Hugi, with Mavic Sunset 217's, (I think.) Has Specialized dirt drops that will be reinstalled!

1987 tigged Ritchey Ascent. Full XT 6 spd, alloy Nitto bullmosse bars, original tires and seat. Not perfect, but all there in very good condition. A great rider. Suntour XC post as well as XC pedals. Near perfect Araya RM 20's!

Mid 90's Pofhal with full Suntour XC, Diacompe 986 brakes with Ritchey rims. Ritchey Logic tubing and sus corrected fork. Great pearl Breezer-esq paint, and really nice shape as well.

Shop shot.

6 comments:

blackmountaincycles said...

When it rains, it pours! That blue/white Pofahl is clean looking. Post some more detail shots of the frame if you get a chance.

Mike

Ben said...

Will, do. I'll have details on all of them, in about 10 tune ups if you know what I mean. The Pofhal I'd like to have is an XC Pro tandem with dual WTB drops! I'm working on that one. Cheers.

Head Honcho said...

dude, the yellow one is too big for you. I'll be right up.

Ben said...

No such luck Marty, 57cm ETT, 52cm CT seat tube, the bike could have been built for me. The nice, tall head tube make is look bigger than it is. It will fit nearly the same as my Rawland.

Guitar Ted said...

Wow! Late to the party here, but I am impressed!

Makes me feel even more special about the Pofahl I own!

Ben said...

Yeah, I've decided to actively pursue some of these older Pofahl's. There are a few more around I might be able to get, including a few lugged road bikes. Nice.

The yellow bike runs really well. I've been riding it a lot the last few days. It's been the most time I've spent on 26" wheels in years!