Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Go Time

I've officially decided to consider my winter hibernation over. It's now time to work up to getting back down to fighting weight after taking a nice winter off drinking beer and sleeping in. I've never been able to bike comfortably in real winter weather, but change is coming. The weather is starting to turn, and I hope to be on the road this weekend. We're suppose to be seeing temps in the high 30's to early 40's. That may seem pretty damn chilly for those of you located in warmer climes, but it's positively balmy by MN standards.

Since it is still too cold out for comfortable longer rides, (I have asthma that pretty much sucks,) I've been spending some time on the treadmill at the gym. I have to say that running is a little easier than I thought it would be. I know that running on a treadmill is not really running, but it's a pretty effective way of getting a little leaner before spring. I'd also like to actually do some CX races this fall, so at least getting used to running is a good thing I think.

Other than that, not much is going on. There's a Jones H bar swap to finish up, a set of shifters to install, and All shop work has pretty much stopped, as we can't go any further without revamping the wood floor. That should start in the middle of this next week, then it's all go from there.

1 comment:

Arleigh said...

I feel ya on the fighting weight I just need to be at a "rolling weight."

Think I picked up more weight then ever on the offseason.