Wednesday, December 24, 2008

A second WHUB, and season's greatings.

The holidays are again upon us. Meg and I are looking forward to seeing all of our family again. We have had a pretty huge family year so far. With two family wedding along with all of the other holidays, I think we've spent more time with our extended family than in any year I can remember. It's been really great. I have started to talk more with cousins I haven't seen in years, and it's bee great to spend time with my grandparents as well.

Christmas this year will be much like Thanksgiving was for us. We have no less than 6 dinners, family gatherings, or other social occasions to attend this week. It's really a lot of fun, and is a nice break from the rest of the world for a bit.

I should say that in some ways I am a bit of Scrooge when it comes to Christmas. Mostly I just don't buy into the larger materialism side of things. Don't get me wrong, presents are nice, I just think they shift the impetus off of family. Family and friends are what makes the holidays special for me. Last night was a perfect example. Four of my best friends got together with a few bottles of beer and played, (are you ready for this?) Clue and Uno. That's right, grown men, throwin down some serious Necklace in the Manor. It was a riot, and really set the mood for the rest of the week for me.

So there's that. To all of you everywhere, have a great holiday season. We wish you and your's all the best in the coming year. May it find you prosperous, healthy, and with dirt under your tires!

Here's one of the works in progress from this week as well. The second WHUB build. This set is also going to be built on Gordos, but will be 32h and use Competition butted spokes. These will be going on the Black buck with a rather special fork, and will be my main ride this year. I'll post more when I get it, take care.

Sexy Ashima rotor, oh so pretty.

I like the look of the silver spokes set against that much black. Should look good on the black frame and fork as well.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

string some lights on that brake rotor and use it for the star on your tree.

Guitar Ted said...

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you, Meg, and the rest of your family!

I hope to get up there in January. I've got two little projects in mind. One you know about. One is for my Blackbuck. You take care and we'll talk soon.