Tuesday, May 06, 2008

36er project

Mike Pofahl came by the shop today. He's been working on a revised front end for the 36er for me. This should solve two problems that I've found with the bike, excessive bar height, and fork flex fore and aft. True to form, he has found and fabricated a more elegant solution for my original design, and he brought the beginnings of it in. It's gorgeous, simple, and should just kick ass! Projected time frame is a month or so, with it being ready in ample time before the Big Wheeled Ballyhoo in June. We will have both of our 36ers there for test rides, hopefully making people smile as much as last year.

Cheers,
Ben

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mike Pofahl is a genius

Anonymous said...

I used to know a Mike Pofahl and he was a genius, too!

Anonymous said...

I think all Mike Pofahls are, by definition, geniuses.

Anonymous said...

Mike Pofahl, hey, who's your favorite genius? Definitely, Mike. I mean Mike Pofahl. Genius. End of discussion.

Anonymous said...

Not just a genius, though, a cool dude, too.

Anonymous said...

Definitely.

Anonymous said...

Craftsman, a craftsman with an awesome sense of skill and artistry.

Anonymous said...

Heck, the guy is a combination of skill, artistry and sweat. Lots of sweat.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I know what you mean.

Anonymous said...

He's good with color.

Anonymous said...

Wha! A genius with color.

Anonymous said...

You said it. May I add he reminds me of some kind of Greek god, like, say, Apollo?

Anonymous said...

Anyway, glad to hear he stopped in. He's a busy guy that Mike Pofahl, dude. And, also, did I mention, a genius.

Ben said...

Wow, that's all I've got to say to that.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update. Have fun with your bigun'

Anonymous said...

What? Bigun'? As in BIG!? Just curious. Cool blog.

Guitar Ted said...

Heh heh! I wouldn't be surprised if I knew who "spammed" these comments. Anyway, I am excited to see this rig!

Gotta few ideas for an updated rig like mine too. Hmm......by the way, we never did name it, did we? Anyway, I'll call you up soon to share.

Ben said...

Yeah, I have an idea too....

Good clean fun is all good with me.

The new design features a Susan B. Anthony in it, I think you'll approve.

Give me a ring when it's convieniant Mark. I have another new toy to fill you in about.

Cheers,
Ben